Securing the internet is a responsibility we all share. To support a safer, more secure and more trusted internet, Cyber Solutions Technologies has become an official partner of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™, the global online safety awareness and education campaign.
As a partner, Cyber Solutions Technologies joins hundreds of organizations around the world to help create a culture of online safety, cybersecurity and privacy awareness at work and in the community.
Being safer and more secure online starts with STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™
Follow these tips to better protect yourself, your information and the larger digital community:
1. Lock Down Your Login: Fortify your online accounts by enabling the strongest authentication tools available, such as biometrics, security keys or a unique one-time code through an app on your mobile device. Your usernames and passwords are not enough to protect key accounts like email, banking and social media.
2. Keep a Clean Machine: Keep all software on internet-connected devices – including PCs, smartphones and tablets – up-to-date to reduce risk of infection from malware.
3. Personal Information is Like Money. Value It. Protect It.: Information about you, such as purchase history or location, has value – just like money. Be thoughtful about who gets that information and how it’s collected by apps and websites.
4. When in Doubt, Throw it Out: Cybercriminals often use links to try to steal your personal information. Even if you know the source, if something looks suspicious, delete it.
5. Share With Care: Think before posting about yourself and others online. Consider what a post reveals, who might see it and how it could be perceived now and in the future.
6. Own Your Online Presence: Set the privacy and security settings on websites to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s OK to limit how and with whom you share information.
Cyber Security Technologies provides enterprise solutions and technology consulting in cybersecurity, systems integration, engineering development and product support. We also deliver application customization and consultation services to businesses for cross-platform integration of the patented RecordVault product or technology incorporating software-based multifactor authentication (MFA).
If you have concerns about safety or cybersecurity for your business, contact us for a free consultation.